Davenport Theatrical announces:
Broadway and Off-Broadway producer Ken Davenport (author of the popular blog, The Producer's Perspective) announces The Davenport Ten Minute Play Contest! 10 ten minute plays or musicals will be selected from submissions to be featured in a presentation evening and vie for the title of ‘Best Play’ as chosen by a panel of industry professionals. Finalists will receive a cash prize of $50 and the grand prize winner will receive $500.
Entry rules are as follows:
● $10 entry fee
● Authors may submit multiple plays, but each play submitted must be accompanied by the submission of an entry fee. Only one entry per playwright will be chosen as a finalist.
● Title page must include the playwright’s name, address, phone number and e-mail address.
● The play, exclusive of title and cast pages, should be around 10 pages in length.
● There may be no more than 5 characters
● Finalists are responsible for all aspects and costs of their presentation, including travel to New York City for the presentation (if not NY residents).
● Only original plays or musicals, never before produced, are eligible.
For complete rules and to register and submit your script please visit our website:
Submission deadline is May 18th and winners announced June 1st!
The Davenport Ten Minute Play Contest presentations will take place on Thursday June 28th at The Davenport Studios (250 West 49th Street, Suite 304) at 7:00pm. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased in advance or at the door. More details to follow.
Ken Davenport: Broadway: Godspell, Chinglish, Oleanna, Speed-the-Plow, Will Ferrell's You're Welcome America (Tony Nomination), Blithe Spirit, 13. Off-Broadway: Altar Boyz (Outer Critics Circle Award), Awesome 80s Prom, My First Time, Miss Abigail's Guide to Dating, Mating, & Marriage. Seen on a national iPhone commercial and named one of Crain’s “40 Under Forty,” Ken is the writer of the popular Broadway blog TheProducersPerspective.com, which has been featured in Vanity Fair, New York Magazine, and more. Ken also created and developed the Broadway board game Be A Broadway Star, the smartphone app AT THE BOOTH™ (Entertainment Weekly’s “Must List”), and websites
BroadwaySpace.com, DidHeLikeIt.com, and YourBroadwayGenius.com. Ken recently released his first film, These Magnificent Miles. He speaks and consults about theater and marketing for organizations around the world. Upcoming: A Few Good Men, Somewhere in Time. For more, visit his blog or DavenportTheatrical.com.